Q: What is a home maintenance program?
A: Nearly all homes require some maintenance done annually. Whether it’s your home or your vacation home we can make maintenance easier for you. Whether it is carpentry, plumbing or electric, it’s always hard to find a contractor to take care of or respond to small jobs. Our home maintenance program provides:
- Annual maintenance review of your home in writing by a professional tradesman for Free.
- Customized maintenance plan for each homeowner.
- We also provide Hurricane preparation in-case you need help or are not around. We will set up a plan to protect your assets and when a Hurricane Watch is issued, we will go into action.
- Peace of mind for home repairs. Minor repairs will be done by our experience staff, if major repairs are needed, we will evaluate the situation and possibly hire the right subcontractor for your needs. Through years of construction experience we have developed relationship with best subcontractors in town and PHM will manage the repairs for you.
- One call for all your maintenance needs!
Q: How can I save money by having a maintenance evaluation?
A: Early detection is the key to saving money on a home. We do a thorough walk-thru of your entire home, inside and out, and look at any and all possible issues. We will detail and explain our finding in our report to you along with recommend short term and long term repairs. Our annual home evaluations reveal roof leaks, improper wall flashing, window leaks and doors leaks that can be fixed and maintained to insure against evasive water intrusion that can lead to thousands of dollars to repair. We also check all your faucets and toilets to make sure that there is no running water or leaks that cause high water bills. Energy saving is also a top priority, so we make sure all doors and windows are properly sealed and caulked to reduce drafting. We make you aware of problems that the average home owner would never see until the problem works its way to the inside of your home. A maintenance program will protect your investment inside and out, year over year.
Q: Does Preventative Home Maintenance do repairs?
A: Yes, we will evaluate the problem, give you our best recommendation for repairs and develop a plan with you to repair the problem.
Q: Do most homes need yearly maintenance?
A: Yes, nearly all homes need some type of maintenance on an annual basis. In fact, homes in the coastal areas need even more attention to maintain a well structured home due to the water damage. Some of the items we check for in our home evaluation are:
- Exterior caulking at windows and doors to eliminate water intrusion
- Checking weather stripping
- Checking handrails to make sure they are fastened securely
- Checking gutters and downspouts to prevent water damage
- Checking for running faucets
- Checking roof flashing at plumbing vents
- Changing batteries on smoke detectors
- Changing air filters
- And any other general up-keep to your home
- See our Home Maintenance Checklist for a complete list of services.
Q: Will a maintenance program help increase my home value?
A: Yes, maintained home will always hold more value than the same home which has been neglected or is in need of repair. You must also remember that small repairs and maintenance through the life of the home are much less costly than major remodel or repair when an issue is left un-attended. Un-attended issues usually lead to additional problems which continually increase the possible cost of repair.