Here are quarterly, bi-annual and annual checklists with some general recommendations for continued home maintenance:
- Vacuum A/C returns and supply (monthly to remove dust, minimum quarterly)
- Replace A/C Filter (Recommend monthly, minimum quarterly)
- Clean Dryer Vent Monthly (minimum quarterly)
- Clean Gutter Quarterly, more often if needed
- Cut back trees and shrubs from the house walls, roof and air conditioning system as needed.
- Check the bathtub and shower caulking monthly and improve promptly as needed.
- Inspect home for any signs of water intrusion or roof leaks as needed.
- Check all faucets for dripping or leaky pipes as needed.
- Replace smoke detector batteries and test. (Recommended in sleeping areas, kitchen, laundry, and other rooms).
- Check for any appearance of roof leaks or water intrusion near windows and doors.
- Check caulking around bath tubs, sinks, toilets, trim, etc. for gaps or cracking.
- Drain water heater once a year to remove particle build up and clean elements.
- Check exterior of the home for any signs of stucco or masonry cracking, repair immediately.
- Check exterior trim and planks for rot damage, repair immediately to reduce risk of water damage and pest.
- Check caulking around all windows and doors for weathering or cracking, replace as needed.
- Pressure clean roof tiles, pool decks, driveways, sidewalks, etcs.
- Check all faucets for dripping and leaks, replace washers as needed.
- Inspect all Window and Door Seals, replace as needed. (Major source of lost energy in a home)
- Check for any obvious issues with electrical sockets an receptacles, correct as needed.
- Remove any wood/soil contact to prevent rot and insect damage.
- Remove or correct trip hazards such as broken or uneven walks, patios, driveways, carpet, flooring, etc.
- If there is a septic system, have the tank inspected, and pumped if necessary.
- Have A/C coils cleaned and perform a service check up on your entire unit. (Recommended prior to summer heat)